Monday, December 19, 2011

Thanksgiving

We went to my mom’s house for Thanksgiving.  My cousin and her family were coming to town the next day, so it was just Mom, Gary, Ethan, Sienna, and me for the meal.  My mom is an excellent cook, so I was glad that she decided to make something (which wasn’t originally going to happen since we were technically planning to celebrate the next day with the rest of the family).IMG_2917  Ethan watching the Macy’s Day Parade--his first parade.  It didn’t last for long before he wanted to be running around outside.IMG_2925Helping Grandma make sweet potato soufflé.IMG_2920He’s just loves to cook.IMG_2970Such a cutie!IMG_2983Sienna’s 1st Thanksgiving meal—turkey, broccoli, and sweet potatoes.  Yum, yum!

After the kids’ naps we went to my aunt and uncle’s house to spend some time with them and one of my cousins.IMG_3019

IMG_3029Ethan was very excited to drive my aunt’s convertible—a new experience for him.

And Sienna was glad to spend time with my uncle.IMG_3039So, the next day we met my aunt, uncle, 2 cousins and their families at a restaurant to eat.  Ethan decided, for the first time ever, to take his pants off while we were in the restaurant.  I was sitting across the table and looking a different direction, so I actually didn’t see it, but someone else at the table said that the men at the table next to him were laughing a lot (which probably just encouraged the behavior).  I’m not sure what got into him, because he’s never done this before.  I do have a friend in Boone who has a daughter about the same age, and she said that her daughter often takes her clothes off in public.IMG_3058Ethan and his cousin (well, my cousin’s daughter) Paige. 

Believe it or not, I took a lot of pictures, and this was probably the best one.  Most of them actually were blurry.  (And the one with Nikki and Josh all had one of the kids blocking half of their face or something where it didn’t turn out so well.)  We had a nice group picture last time we saw them (Thanksgiving 2009).

No comments:

Post a Comment