Wednesday, December 7, 2011

9 Months Old

Next week Sienna will turn 10 months old.  I’ve been working for some time on several different posts at the same time, including this one.  I thought I’d still post something for 9 months, especially since I skipped a few months while we were in the States.IMG_2851One interesting thing is that Sienna doesn’t have any teeth yet.  It seems like she’s been teething since she was about 4 months old, but we’re still waiting for one to pop through.  Ethan got his first tooth around 7 months, but my mom said that I didn’t get mine until I was 11 months old.IMG_2892As you can see, she’s still working on getting that first tooth! A friend in CA sent us a package of these headbands and clips.  There are lots of different and fun colors.  Thanks Beth!

Since we’ve been in the States, Sienna has gotten to where she does not like having a poopy diaper (unlike Ethan, who never cared).  She enjoys playing peek-a-boo, and she is totally fascinated by her brother.  IMG_2896She laughs at Ethan more than anything or anyone else (even when he’s being rough with her).IMG_2529This picture is actually closer to her being 8 months, but since I’m so behind on blogging, I wanted to post it to show how she held her leg in the air.  She did this for a while, but doesn’t do it anymore.IMG_2626I’ve been so thankful to be in the States during this stage of her trying new foods.  I’ve loved having access to almost every kind of fruit and vegetable for her to try.  She has eaten everything I’ve given her, but didn’t seem to care much for eggplant or cantaloupe.  Gary, Ethan, and I don’t like cantaloupe either, but I try to give the kids foods even if Gary and I don’t like them.  Like Ethan, she has really enjoyed asparagus, sweet potatoes, avocado, pineapple, and mango.  I’m disappointed that we can only get asparagus for a few months during the year in Hungary,and sweet potatoes cost around $2.50/pound.  IMG_2709Her hair is so long that we have to keep it pulled back so it’s not in her eyes.  She does not like anyone messing with her hair, though you can’t tell by this picture of her grandma putting her hair up.    IMG_2719My mom is so happy to have a grand-daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment