Friday, December 9, 2011

President Coming to Town

This is so cute, I just had to post it even if it’s not that big of a deal.  Obama came through Boone on his way to Millers Creek.  He actually spoke at my former high school, which was a shock for me.  There are 4 high schools in the county, and two of them are all white, including the one he spoke at. It’s also pretty rural.  Gary and I spoke at a church in Millers Creek the day before he came to town, and we spent that night with my mom (who lives about 7 minutes from the high school).  But, we didn’t want to wait in line to get the tickets, even though they were free.  We did try to get back up the mountain, to Boone, before he came down.  We’ve never seen so many highway patrolmen in one area in our lives.  They were all up and down the highway that Obama was going to travel.  IMG_2521Sienna is also in shock that the president came to town!

No comments:

Post a Comment