Monday, April 11, 2011

Ethan Trying to Help

This past week Ethan asked me if he could put the silverware in the drawer (sometimes he helps put it away).  I told him that after it was cleaned that he could.  Then a friend came over to drop something off.  I went outside to get it, and when I came back in, he came up to me holding a butter knife saying, “knife.”  When I walked in the kitchen, he had pushed a chair over to the drawer and had the drawer open.  I explained that he needed for Gary or me to be with him when he does that (since there are sharp knives in the drawer… we may have to change that now even though he knows that they are a “no touch”).  Then I realized that there was some dirty silverware in the drawer.  He had opened the dishwasher and taken some of the silverware out and was putting it away. 

Any time he sees me getting a mixing bowl out he wants to push the big chair over to the counter to help “cook.”  He loves to stir things with the spoon and mixer.

Below are some pictures from two weeks ago.  The family behind us has a swing set and slide and allows children in the neighborhood to play on it.  We were given a swing set, but it doesn’t have a slide.  Ethan loves to go to their yard to go down the slide.  He wasn’t able to climb their ladder last year but is now.  And, he loves going up into the “fort” as he calls it. IMG_8306 IMG_8311 IMG_8319Here are some pictures from a week ago.  I’m enjoying seeing things bloom now along with having some nicer weather.IMG_8351 IMG_8382 IMG_8391

No comments:

Post a Comment