Monday, April 25, 2011

Ants

I wrote this a few weeks ago but am just now posting it.  I’ll try to catch up some with the blog. :-)

We have had ants each year, and I thought they were gone this spring.  I was nursing Sienna the other day and Ethan pointed to an area on the floor where ants commonly were and said, “Ants.”  I told him that I hoped they were gone.  He said, “Outside”, and I said, “Yes, we don’t want the ants in the house; we want them outside.”  He kept pointing to something, but I didn’t see anything.  Finally, he walked over to me holding an ant between his index finger and his thumb.  I told him to throw the ant in the trash can (it was dead from him squashing it). 

We were outside today, and he pointed to a bunch of ants walking around and said, “Outside.”  I told him that they were fine outside and that I just didn’t want them inside.  However, a few minutes later, he showed me where he had killed an ant and said, “Trashcan.”  So, we’ll need to work on the concept of leaving ants alone when we’re outdoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment