Monday, April 25, 2011

Two Months Old

We went for Sienna’s two-month check-up last week, and she is doing well.  She gained 2 pounds since her one-month check-up.  She seems a lot bigger, and we’re realizing that a lot of pictures that we wanted to do with her don’t work now because she is too big.  When Ethan was 2 months old, he weighed 2 pounds more than her, so she is still small compared to him at this age.

If you don’t want to read details about how she is getting along then you can skip the next 3 paragraphs and just go to the pictures below. :-)

Her hair is auburn now and it looks like blonde is growing underneath.  After we give her a bath her hair is curly.  So, we’ll see what happens with the color and curls.  I just hope that her hair doesn’t all fall out because I like it that she has long hair.

She doesn’t take a pacifier and doesn’t seem to take a bottle.  We practiced giving her a bottle a few days before a women’s meeting that I had last month.  She took the bottle fine, but while I was at the women’s meeting she didn’t take it well and then spit up what she did take.  Thankfully, my meeting was a block down the street, so Gary was able to just bring her to me so I could nurse her.  We tried twice over the weekend in anticipation for a women’s meeting that is this week, but she hasn’t taken it either time.  I will probably just take her with me since it is the last one of the school year.  We only gave Ethan a bottle 5 times, so I can’t imagine that it will be a big deal if she doesn’t ever take it.  Someone has let me borrow a great cover with a hoop type thing that goes around your neck so you can see the baby while she nurses, so I can use that anywhere.  I do love it that nursing in public is not a big deal over here.

Lots of people ask us how she is sleeping.  That seems to be the second or third question I get asked.  So, in case any of you are wondering…  She has slept well (waking once in the night) most of the time since her 2nd week (when we quit waking her to feed her).  Sometimes she wakes between 4 and 5 and then goes back to bed after nursing until around 8:30.  Sometimes she has been sleeping through the night and waking between 6 and 7.  We are not morning people, so I nurse her on one side and put her back to bed.  Then either she wakes up or we get her up around 8:30.  So, either way, we are getting up once (even though technically one of those times is considered time to get up:-)). 

She will be 10 weeks old tomorrow, but here are a couple of pictures from when she was 8 weeks old.IMG_8494IMG_8457One of the Hungarian women from my Body & Soul exercise class gave me this wrap.  She used it with her daughter all the time (including during the exercise class when she was fussy).  She taught me how to use it and showed me a video online to watch.  The wrap is quite long and neat with the different ways it can be used.

No comments:

Post a Comment