Monday, March 14, 2011

Baby Shower

The women on my team gave me a baby shower last Sunday.  I wasn’t expecting a shower, so was surprised when Yulia mentioned it to me.  I guess it’s more common when you have a 2nd child of a different gender.  It was a lot of fun to get out of the house and socialize some.  And Sienna slept the entire time which was nice.IMG_7910 IMG_7912  The decorations were great!  Becky used this bassinet/crib for her children, so it wasn’t one of the gifts, but was perfect for holding the gifts.  The mobile hanging above it was made by my team leader’s wife, Vivian.  Sadly, she was sick and wasn’t able to come to the shower.  She had planned to read something about a mobile and made this as an illustration.IMG_8048For now Sienna is sleeping in the pack‘n play in our bedroom, so my mom hung this from the ceiling fan in there.  I still can’t believe that Vivian made all of these little birds and thought to hang them on sticks to make a mobile.  I’m just not a crafty person at all to even think of such things.

1 comment:

  1. Seems like Jan’s birthday party was amazing and very enjoyable. The boys are looking great in the pictures. We are also organizing a party on the occasion of my son’s 14th birthday this week. Since we didn’t have enough space in the apartment to host the party, we went ahead and booked a nearby event venue.

    ReplyDelete