Saturday, August 17, 2013

Time in the City

A former teacher from ICSB contacted me to ask if I could show someone around the city a little.  Her friend was from Pakistan and taking a class for one week in Budapest.  So we met this woman downtown after her class and showed her around some.  Neither Gary nor I have actually ever spent time talking with a Muslim woman who was fully covered, so we enjoyed our time talking with her.

DSCN6548We took her first to the Covered Market, behind Ethan, so she could get some touristy things before they closed.  We brought dinner with us and ate outside while she shopped (she was fasting due to Ramadan.) 

DSCN6539We are rarely in the city, so the kids really enjoyed this time, especially getting to play in a small fountain across from the Covered Market.DSCN6545

Afterward, we drove her to a few other places.  One of the places is my favorite view in the city, especially at night—the Citadella.DSCN6571DSCN6566 Since we were here last they added these blue telescope-type things.  Unfortunately, it made it difficult to take good pictures without including one.

We ended our time with showing her the parliament building from across the river. DSCN6578I’ve included a few “tourist”-type pictures in this post since I rarely do that for our own city and in case someone reading this hasn’t seen these.  I’m actually not even sure if my own mom has seen the parliament building during her visits!

No comments:

Post a Comment