Wednesday, August 14, 2013

1st Time to Pool This Summer

We hadn’t been to the pool yet this summer, so we decided to go the week before we took our vacation.  Actually, our plan this year was going to be to do several day trips, including the pool, since we were taking only a few days for vacation.  But, up until this point, we only did one thing.  One day of our vacation was going to be at a water park, so we knew we needed to expose the kids to a pool and deeper water before going.

IMG_8126We got this swimming suit from a consignment shop in the States and realized that it’s probably not the best thing for Sienna at this age.  We thought the top being like this would be great and help her float, but it actually caused her to be forward, face in the water, a couple of times.  MANY of the little girls in Hungary don’t even wear a swim top; they only wear something on the bottom, so Sienna REALLY stood out wearing this.

 IMG_8129The Custers also joined us.  The kids played together some of the time.  I think William was trying to show Ethan how to fill this water gun with water.

IMG_8142Since last summer, they have added this palm tree in the kiddie pool.  Ethan enjoyed shooting it with the water sprayer. 

IMG_8161Ethan tried his goggles for the first time.  I’m actually not sure if he kept his eyes open or not when he did this.  But he was pretty proud of himself for putting his face in the water (which he doesn’t like to do).IMG_8162I’m also not sure if I had the goggles tight enough to keep water out of his eyes.  I was never able to tighten my own goggles when I used to swim laps weekly.  I guess it’s about time that I figure this out!

No comments:

Post a Comment