Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Caving for Our Anniversary

Gary and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary on July 15th.  Often it seems that people like doing something special for their 5th, 10th, 15th, etc. anniversaries, but we broke the norm and decided to do something special for our 7th!

The couple who did our pre-marital counseling knew that we wanted to go caving and that there weren’t many kids around this summer to babysit, so they offered to watch our kids while we went.  And they told us to go out to eat afterward (thus, making it about a 6-7 hour babysitting day for them).  Al even brought a change of clothes, thinking that they would do some outdoor water activities.

There was a place in the Buda hills in the city where you could go caving, so we made reservations for one Saturday (actually a few weeks after our anniversary).

IMG_8177The cave was about 50 degrees Fahrenheit.  Considering that it was over 90 degrees outside, it felt great!  We had to wear overalls, and now I understand why!IMG_8184It was constantly climbing up and down rocks, crawling on our knees, stomachs, etc.IMG_8182You can’t really tell by this picture, but I’m having to lean against one rock with my back and hold myself there with my foot on another rock.  It had a crack/open space between the two.  Then I scooted down on my back and held myself between the two rocks, then reaching down with one leg could get a foothold in the rock.  Then I had to put one hand down where my foot was and kind of jump down to the ground.

IMG_8186My camera didn’t take good pictures because of all of the dust particles in the air, but here everyone is having to climb up rocks and straddle them with one foot on different rocks half way up.

 IMG_8198Not everyone made it through this hole (there was another way around it).  But Gary and I did, though not easily!IMG_8200

IMG_8167Thankful to be married to this man for these 7 years!  He is such a gift from God, and I wouldn’t want to be married to anyone else!

No comments:

Post a Comment