Thursday, November 15, 2012

21 Months

I haven’t given an update on Sienna since she turned 18 months.  It seems that she is changing and growing so much every week, so I thought I’d go ahead and give one for the family members who haven’t been here visiting. :-)

DSCN0195My aunt and uncle sent this panda bear pillow over for Ethan.  He slept with it for a long time and enjoyed it, but Sienna loves it more than him now.  She often just throws herself down on the pillow when it’s lying somewhere.  Then she just lies there with a big smile on her face and sometimes giggles. DSCN0602 DSCN1246 She and Ethan are playing more and more together.  She enjoys dolls, but still likes to play with Ethan’s cars.   DSCN1069Ethan covered Sienna with books and toys in this picture above, but as you see she doesn’t mind.  She just sat there and started looking at the books that he put around her. DSCN1079DSCN0734She loves being outside.

She enjoys coloring (Ethan has just started getting into it during the last 3 or 4 months).

Her favorite food seems to be peas.  She eats them hot or cold, and can’t have enough of them.

She is talking a lot more.  She says new words all the time now.  She is saying several two-word phrases, and she is still doing some sign language for words.  She often does the sign and says the word at the same time.

DSCN1225She still loves to “read” and can sit and look at books for quite a while.DSCN1238

We dropped her morning nap a few weeks ago.  I dreaded that with Ethan but was told that you can’t wait when it’s your 2nd.  I found that to be mostly true.  I often used her morning nap time to exercise, so that is the one negative about dropping it.  But, otherwise, I’m very glad for it to be gone!  I feel like I have so much more freedom to go somewhere or even go out for a walk or whatever.  I think the kids inherited having long breakfasts from Gary, so by the time they finished eating, I got them dressed, teeth brushed, etc. it would almost be her nap time.

DSCN1046Sienna enjoys climbing up on the bench in Ethan’s room and looking out the window.  She is finally tall enough to climb up onto the kitchen chairs, and she has started trying to walk up the stairs while holding the railing instead of crawling (our stairs are quite tall, so little legs can’t walk up them very well).

My mom made this dress (above) and gave Sienna these cute, purple boot slippers.  Sienna loves the purple boot slippers.  I’m not sure if it’s because they are purple (her favorite color) or because they are furry little boot-type things.

DSCN1244This dress (above) was mine when I was a little girl.  My dad was a pilot and brought it back from some place in Asia (I think).  It’s been exciting to see Sienna finally fit in it.  I wish that I had a picture of me in it that I could put next to Sienna in it.

She lets us know when she has a poopy diaper—a couple of times she has told me before she needs to poop.  I’ve thought about just sitting her on the little potty to see if she will use it when she lets me know ahead of time.

DSCN0329For as long as we can remember Sienna has loved being held upside down.  So much that I asked the doctor at her 18-month check-up if it was a problem.  She often walks over to Gary or me and bends over putting her head to the ground and her bottom in the air wanting us to pick her up, flipping her legs over our shoulders where the front of her hangs upside down over our chest.  When she sits on our lap, sometimes she just lies back to where she is hanging off of our legs upside down.  I’ve never seen a child who wants to be upside down so much.  She is very limber, so maybe she’ll end up being an acrobat in the circus or something. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment