Sunday, October 23, 2011

Ladders

On the drive from Lake Arrowhead to Mission Viejo Ethan was talking about ladders at our house and said something about having two ladders. I said, “Maybe you are thinking about how we had the ladder in the garage and then moved it into what do you call it?” I couldn’t think of the word and thought Gary could help out. As soon as I said, “What do you call it?” Ethan responded, “Tool shed.” I was a little dumbfounded that Ethan just finished my sentence knowing what I was talking about. Then I also realized that he was correct; we do have 2 ladders if you count the ladder that goes up to the attic. He always amazes me! It makes me wonder how God looks down on us. There are so many times that I look at Ethan with joy and happiness, and I’m so proud of him. There are also times that my heart is saddened because he made a wrong choice that either resulted in natural consequences or the need for parental discipline. We do that in love and gentleness hoping he will make the correct choice in the future because he wants to obey rather than from fear of correction. We can look at him and experience love, joy, happiness, sadness, frustration, laughter, pleasure, and many other things. It’s just a small glimpse of our heavenly Father looking at us. Of course, God knows our thoughts, motivations, and what we are going to do beforehand. Wouldn’t that be nice with children!  IMG_2246Here is a family picture from us at my relatives’ house in Lake Arrowhead, soon before this car ride back to Mission Viejo.

No comments:

Post a Comment