Sunday, June 12, 2011

Ethan, the Fresh Fruit Expert

Ethan is often picky about his food.  He likes things a certain way.  Though this is common with kids his age, I’m not sure how common it is for kids his age to realize that things are not fresh just by looking at them.  For example, the bread rolls here are not fresh unless you eat them the day you buy it or the next day.  Well, somehow he knows if it’s not the same day and won’t eat it.

Tonight, while I was nursing Sienna, Gary got some pineapple out of the fridge for Ethan to eat.  He sat it down in front of Ethan, and Ethan said, “No” (without even touching it) and then pointed to the countertop where a fresh pineapple sat.  Gary told me that Ethan wanted fresh pineapple, and I told him that I just cut it yesterday.  Then I remembered that I had used some canned pineapple for a recipe and put the remainder of it in the fridge.  I asked Gary to bring it me so I could see it.  I looked at it and realized that it was the canned pineapple and that it actually needed to be thrown out.  So, Gary got the pineapple out that I cut yesterday and put it in front of Ethan.  Ethan looked at it and said, “Oh yes!”

No comments:

Post a Comment