Tuesday, June 7, 2011

3 Months is Bliss

I’m VERY thankful that Gary is back home.  There were a few good days and some bad days while he was gone.  Thankfully the whole family will join him on his next teaching trip.

One good thing that happened while he was gone is that Sienna went to a 4-hour feeding schedule.  I think I mentioned on here at some point that Ethan went on a 4-hour feeding schedule when he was 3 months old but I didn’t think she would be doing that for some time.  So, I was pleasantly surprised.  We have continued to wake her between 10 and 11:00 for a late night feeding, but I figured that she would probably be able to sleep through the night without us waking her anymore.  I didn’t want to try it until Gary returned, so once he got back we stopped waking her for that feeding.  We’ve been putting her down around 7:30, and she has been getting up between 7:30 and a little after 8 in the mornings.  I actually had to wake her at 8:15 this morning so I could nurse her before my exercise class.  It’s been funny because since we stopped waking her for the late night feeding, she has made lots of ‘happy’ noises and coos in the mornings when she wakes up.  She didn’t wake up crying before that, but she wasn’t making all of the little ‘happy’ noises. 

She has also seemed to get settled into a good nap schedule this past week with taking a 2-3 hour nap in the morning and another 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon.  I think we are much better at putting her down at the right time for a nap than we were with Ethan, which may be why his naps were so short for 10 months.  Also, we know now not to get her just because she wakes up after the first hour (a mistake we made with Ethan for a long time). :-)

Gary and I both thought that things were SO much better after Ethan turned 3 months old, and it is wonderful to be experiencing the same thing with Sienna.  It’s nice that she is a lot more interactive with us, but I REALLY like it that she only nurses 4 times a day.  That makes it much easier to go places and plan things.  We have enjoyed each month with Ethan more and more, so I hope that will be the same with Sienna. IMG_9150  The picture above is from a few weeks ago, and the picture below is from yesterday.  Not much difference, but I thought they were cute.  I must say that it’s so much more fun dressing her than it ever has been dressing Ethan.  I just love her cute clothes.IMG_9207

No comments:

Post a Comment