Tuesday, May 17, 2011

3 Months Old

Sienna is now 3 months old.  The time seems to be going by faster than it did with Ethan.  She is a lot smaller than Ethan was at this age (12 pounds compared to his 15), so it’s hard for me to believe that she is already 3 months old.  I remember that Gary and I thought things got a lot better with Ethan at 3 months.  I think some of it is because he went to a 4 hour nursing schedule then.  That won’t be happening with her. :-)  She basically nurses every 3 hours during the day, and I don’t see her moving to a 4 hour schedule anytime soon (at least not for every feeding).

She still sleeps well at night.  We put her down for bed around 8:30 or 9:00 and then have still been waking her for the late night feeding (between 10 and 11).  She eats a little and then goes back to bed, so we will probably start working on getting rid of that feeding before too long.  She typically wakes up between 7:30 and 8:30, though, I tend to wake her a couple of days a week if she’s not awake by a certain time.

Her naps are getting better which is nice.  I was afraid that they were going to be like Ethan’s, which were short.  This still may happen, but it seems not.IMG_8929IMG_8881 We love her big blue eyes.IMG_8897 It’s so hard to believe that Ethan’s hands were once the size of hers.  And just 2 years ago!  I enjoy watching her respond to Ethan’s voice.  Sometimes I think she responds more to his voice than mine or Gary’s.IMG_8857 As you can see Ethan is doing well too.  William came over last Saturday and managed to stay a bit more clean than Ethan.Ethan racoon face It took quite a while to get all of the dirt out of Ethan’s eyes.  I think he looks like a raccoon here.

No comments:

Post a Comment