Friday, July 30, 2010

Double Anniversary

July 15th was a day of 2 anniversaries.  It was our wedding anniversary, and it was the 25th anniversary that Gary has been on staff with Campus Crusade for Christ.  We didn’t really do anything to ‘celebrate’ the 25th anniversary, but we did celebrate our wedding anniversary a typical Gary and Kim way-- cheap. :-)

We already knew that we were going to go into the city and attend a classical concert that was free.  We figured that we would eat beforehand.  A friend of ours, Jeong Lim, called the week before and invited us to her Hungarian restaurant for a meal.  She started having a small Korean section on the menu and wanted us to come try it out.  Her restaurant is one block from the church where the concert was, so we thought it would be ideal to eat with her before going to the concert.  The last time we ate there we ate inside, so it was nice to be able to eat outside.  The restaurant is by the Danube river, just across from the Parliament building.  You can see some of the Parliament in the picture below (to the left of the tree that is behind us).IMG_5979 I was so excited to have Korean food!  Since I’m not at the school anymore, I don’t have Korean students or parents giving me Gimbap, and I’m not there to take part when the Korean moms make lunch for the staff.  I definitely miss that part of being at school.  The food was really good, so I thought it was the perfect meal for our anniversary.

For those of you in Budapest reading this, I encourage you to go to the restaurant sometime.  It’s in a nice location (at Batthyany ter beside St. Anna church) and has reasonable prices (those who know us, know that I won’t encourage an expensive restaurant).  It’s called Angelika.

No comments:

Post a Comment