Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Gary’s Birthday

On Sunday, Gary turned the big 5-0!  IMG_5819I love to cook, but don’t enjoy baking.  I often try out new recipes on guests, and ended up doing this with the cake too.  I didn’t have enough of one ingredient for the frosting, so I just left it out.  And then I added peanut butter (which I make myself).  The frosting was pretty pasty, but it worked out okay.  The cake was not too pretty with the frosting like that, so I just put chocolate shavings on top with a few raspberries from our raspberry bushes.IMG_5825Our team came over for dinner, cake, and ice cream on Saturday night to celebrate.IMG_5842I gave Gary a can of Dr. Pepper (which can only be found at a few stores here for a high price) along with an Austrian drink that he loves and can only be found at one store that I know of here.  When we gave them to Gary, Sienna got the Dr. Pepper and tried to drink it (she’s never had anything to drink other than water and milk).

I surprised Gary by having a babysitter just show up at our house Sunday evening for us to go eat dinner (something we never do!).  We went to an Indian restaurant.  We were trying to figure out the last time that we ate at an Indian restaurant, and it may have been when I was pregnant with Ethan.  Neither of us could remember for sure.  Afterward we stopped by a place called “Philosophers Garden.”  Neither of us have been there before, and since Gary’s major was philosophy he has wanted to go.  He was quite disappointed since there were only a handful of “philosophers” (which were actually more like religious leaders).  Jesus was one of them and was just on the same level as Buddha and the rest.  So sad to see the Savior of the world, and the only one of these men who actually rose from the dead, be put on the same “playing field” as these others. IMG_5849 There was a nice view, so that part was good.IMG_5859 And this sculpture was also interesting to see.  We assume that it is the “marriage” of Buda and Pest.

No comments:

Post a Comment