Sunday, May 5, 2013

Hooray for Spring

Hooray for Springtime!  It has been a long winter this year.  We had snow the beginning of April, and we are ending April with a record high (for the month) of 83 degrees.

DSCN4223The interesting thing is that the spring flowers bloomed much later than normal, and the flowers that usually bloom in June have already bloomed.  They say not to plant flowers, etc. here until the beginning or middle of May, but it’s been so warm, I’ve seen lots of flowers planted already.  I don’t get sun screen out until May because it’s not necessary, but have already gotten sun burnt!

Come on Mom, please take the pictureI thought this was quite the funny picture.  I think Sienna was getting tired of me taking so many pictures.

DSCN4197Despite the warm weather Ethan still wanted to wear his “new” Buzz Light year outfit.  We bought this from someone who is moving back to the States.  I figured that I’d better give it to him now before he outgrows it.

DSCN4213Ethan and Sienna playing with pogs.  If you don’t know what they are you can google them. :-)  I think I’ve had these since high school or maybe early college.  Mine are a Christian version.  They were a fad in the ‘80s and early 90’s.  I’m not sure why I’ve kept them all of these years, but I’m glad because my kids sure enjoy playing with them.

Family pictureA rare thing for us:  a family picture with both kids smiling and looking at the camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment