Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Resurrection Day

I hope everyone reading this had a great Resurrection Day!  Honestly, I had a difficult time focusing on Easter this year due to it being in March and us still getting snow three days before.  I’m just not used to having snow around when my mind is focusing on the day we celebrate the resurrection of Christ.  I’m a visual person, and though snow is a great metaphor for how Jesus cleanses us from sin, I am used to seeing the daffodils, tulips, and forsythia blooming around Easter which reminds me of the new life we have through the death of Jesus.  This year all of these plants and bushes were snow covered until the afternoon and night before Easter (and even when the snow melted none of them had bloomed yet due to all of the snow and cold weather we’ve had recently).

We invited two American families and one Hungarian family over for dinner.  There were 10 kids (with the oldest being in kindergarten).DSCN3829I forgot to take a picture before our plates were empty.  We had wonderful food that everyone made:  ham, chicken and leek quiche, sweet potato casserole, green beans, mashed potatoes, spinach salad with strawberries, braised carrots, deviled eggs, rolls, and two desserts.DSCN3823The younger kid tables—amazing!  They are all looking at the camera!

DSCN3845The snow just melted the night before, and it rained most of the day, so the kids looked for eggs inside the house.  Michelle had some Christian Easter stickers that she put inside the plastic eggs, which was a hit for my kids.

My mom sent us some plastic eggs with little things such as leather, thorns, a home-made wooden cross, etc. for us to make Resurrection Eggs.  After Easter Gary went through all of the Resurrection Eggs to tell the Story.DSCN4106The kids eagerly looking on the couch to see what is in the next egg.DSCN4102Afterward, the kids wanted to go through all of them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment