Monday, February 11, 2013

Hairstyles by Grandma

When I was a little girl my mom braided my hair and fixed it a different way every day for school.  I know how to braid but don’t know how to French braid, so while Mom was here I asked her to do Sienna’s hair.  I wasn’t sure how Sienna would do with sitting/standing still, but she did pretty well, especially if she had a book to look at or something to distract her.

DSCN2531Mom started out doing a simple braid on the side just to keep her hair out of her face.  She also made several barrettes including the one in the above picture.

DSCN2904I thought this was pretty simple and very cute, but I still can’t do it (even though it’s just a regular braid on each side).  I’ll need to keep practicing.

  DSCN2763Doing one French braid down the middle didn’t work as well since Sienna’s hair is so fine and still isn’t quite long enough for that.  It also has a number of cow licks that made it difficult to braid.

DSCN2853But it certainly looked good when Mom first did it (before it started falling down). 

DSCN2920Doing a French braid on each side and then down the back worked really well.  Maybe one of these days I will be able to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment