Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Sickness in Albania Strikes Once Again

If you keep up with our blog you may remember how a lot of people got sick last summer when we were in Albania (including Gary and me).  Well, Tuesday night Ethan woke up vomiting.  I got him cleaned up, the tent cleaned up, and changed his pajamas, and then he threw up again (of course on the clean pajamas).  This is the first time that he’s thrown up other than from trying to swallow too much food at the table.  The poor little guy was trying to hold it in his mouth.  When I got him to the toilet he didn’t want to try to spit in the toilet.

We found out that some other children were throwing up that same night.  Thankfully he was fine the next day and has been so far since then.  He hadn’t been drinking the tap water, but we were brushing his teeth with it.  We stopped doing that.  When I picked him up from childcare he was drinking something that looked like it had been mixed with water.  I’m afraid that the childcare workers may have used tap water, so that could be the reason.  We just aren’t sure.

On Saturday I woke up with some kind of stomach bug.  I wasn’t able to eat breakfast or lunch and still had things leaving my body.  At dinner I ate one bite of the meat and one bite of the potatoes, but then threw up afterward.  Gary had to help me back to the room.  He said that he’s never seen me that weak except after having a baby.  I do remember being this way last year when we got home from Albania. 

I’m thankful that it was our last day and not the beginning of the week.  Unfortunately, Gary and I both had problems after we got back home too (which happened last year as well).  Hopefully our whole family will be better soon, especially before we fly to the States.  

No comments:

Post a Comment