Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Surprise Baby Dedication

Gary and I arrived at church on Mother's Day. As we were about to sit down the pastor asked us if we wanted to dedicate Ethan since it was Mother's Day. We already had a dedication for Ethan planned in Boone when we will be there in November, so Gary asked Ronnie if it was fine to dedicate him more than once. Ronnie said that it was, so we decided to go ahead and dedicate him. Ronnie asked Gary to share a little, so Gary had a few minutes to decide what he wanted to say. We weren't sure at what point in the service the dedication would be, so Ethan was still asleep in his car seat when Ronnie got up front and asked us to come up. Thankfully, I had my camera in my pocketbook and was able to give it to a friend sitting in the front to take pictures. Sadly, since Ethan was just waking up and still moving his head all around in my shoulder, the picture is just of his back. Gary read the first two verses of Psalm 89, which was written by Ethan the Ezrahite. After church, when I told a few people that we hadn't planned on doing the dedication beforehand, they said that they would have not had any idea... so that was good. Those of you who know how I like to plan ahead for things would have been proud of me for being willing to do this on the spur of the moment (especially since Ethan was wearing a t-shirt and no shoes - he probably looked worse on that Sunday than any other Sunday that he's been in church). Of course, God doesn't care whether Ethan looked cute or not. I'm glad that we were able to dedicate him to the Lord here in Hungary as well as in the States.




After church we met our friend Heidi for lunch and then went to a nearby coffee house for hot chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment