Friday, March 27, 2009

Ethan's new friend


Kim here… if it’s not already obvious from all of the writing and detail. :) I want to thank all of you who have been praying for the pregnancy and delivery. Ethan had a blood vessel burst on each side of his head due to the pressure in the birth canal, but is doing well. He has anemia because of the loss of blood. The swelling in his head has subsided, even faster than the pediatrician expected. We are thankful that he is doing well. I have had a longer recovery than I expected. I go for my 6 week check-up today and still have soreness and discomfort. It’s much better than the pain that I experienced the first 3 weeks though. Gary has been such a huge help and wonderful dad who has totally jumped in feet first (actually, hands first). He and I have also been so grateful for the many meals that people have provided as well as offering to help in other ways. It’s been such a blessing to us.

Because of me taking a while to recover, I’ve not been able to get out like I had hoped. Most of it has been for doctors’ appointments, going to the embassy, the immigration office, and things like that which must be done within a certain time frame. Those who know me know that I need much social interaction, so it’s been rough not having much. I was so thankful to go to a women’s time last week that my mission has each month (which Gary insisted that I attend) and to go to church on Sunday. The highlight of my 5 weeks was being able to go to school a few days ago and see everyone there. And then, that night, some friends brought dinner over and we visited a while. That was the most social interaction that I have had in one day during these 5 weeks.

Kevin and Kristen’s son, Seth, is 15 months old and enjoyed the play gym more than Ethan did. The four of us were entertained by watching Seth interact with Ethan.









4 comments:

  1. Seth looks fascinated, and like he is wondering where Ethan's feet are. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our boys are friends! I put a couple up on my blog, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great pics! I am so glad Seth and Ethan are getting to know each other. :)

    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you have a blog now!!! I love the pics of Ethan, especially the one of you two below (the black and white one). I am glad you are feeling better. Sounds like you all are doing well! I am glad you got some social interaction...I know not having that kills you. :)

    Natalie

    ReplyDelete